Terms & Services
COVERING VEHICLE ENGINE PARTS FOR CUSTOMERS ENGINE WARRANTED AGAINST DEFECTS AND OTHER FAILURES AS INDICATED HEREIN BY SUNGEAR LIMITED.
ANY CLAIM IS LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM AMOUNTS SHOWN HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OR THE ACTUAL CASH VALUE OF ANY VEHICLE COVERED HEREIN AND EVIDENCED BY THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE ELIGIBLE VEHICLE LESS THE ABOVE DEDUCTIBLE, SHIPPING, IMPORT COSTS AND ANY OTHER COST OR FOR THE CLAIMED AMOUNT, WHICHEVER IS LESS. YOUR REIMBURSEMENT UNDER THIS PROGRAM WILL NEVER BE MORE THAN QUALIFIED REPAIR EXPENSES.
SUNGEAR LIMITED warrants you, the vehicle owner or lessee whose name appears on the front of this MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty document (“YOU”), that it will repair or replace, at its option and at its expense, the engine parts, listed on the following page, that fail due to abnormal engine wear. The MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty includes all the terms listed below and on the following pages.
This MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty is exclusively made available only to customers that have purchased a vehicle in the last six (6) months. A MotorUp Warranty customer is required to have their oil changed by an installer, automotive center, commercial fast oil change facility, petrol service station, or auto dealer in order to maintain the validity of this Warranty. Furthermore, You are required to have the party that changes your oil record the actual mileage at the time of the oil change and You are required to keep such records in case of a claim.
THIS MOTORUP LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. ALL WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO THE TERMS AND DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY. SUNGEAR LIMITED SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR FAILURE OF THIS MOTORUP ENGINE TREATMENT, HOWEVER CAUSED. THIS MOTORUP LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
- What MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranties are available?
There are three (3) warranties that you may choose from for used car buyers that have purchased their vehicles in the last six (6) months.
The MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty ensures that your vehicle’s Listed Engine Parts will be covered for lubrication caused failure, from the effective date of this Warranty until the expiration of the Warranty as indicated on the cover page of this document. All claims must meet or exceed the deductible prior to submission.
Vehicles that are registered or used for commercial, agricultural or competition purposes do not qualify for the MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty.
- What Engine Parts Are Covered (“Listed Engine Parts”):
In, EX Side Of Valve Machine
Valve Stems and Guides
Intake Pressure Sensor
Exhaust Temperature Sensor
AAC Valve (ISCV / RACV)
Direct Ignition Coil
Valve Timing Control Function
Fuel Pressure Regulator
- What You Do as Part of the MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty Program:
- Enroll online at www.motorupwarranty.com.
2. Service your vehicle’s engine with a MotorUp Engine Treatment, in the service classification and viscosity grade that is appropriate for your vehicle as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer.
3. SUNGEAR LIMITED requires you to change your vehicle’s oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
4. Replace your vehicle’s air filter and air cleaner element at least as often as your vehicle manufacturer recommends and maintain your vehicle’s emission control system in accordance with your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. Follow all scheduled engine maintenance recommendations by the vehicle manufacturer.
6. Update your oil change records online at least once every twelve (12) months, even if no oil change has taken place, on the MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty website so you can maintain your coverage.
- ALL APPLICANTS REGISTERING FOR THE MOTORUP WARRANTY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY WILL COMPLY WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING UPDATING MAINTENANCE RECORDS ONCE PER YEAR AS PER THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE MOTORUP LUBRICATION LIMITED WARRANTY PROGRAM.
• If you have your oil professionally changed and your vehicle’s engine and emission control system professionally serviced by an installer, automotive center, commercial fast oil change facility, petrol service station, or auto dealer- save all of your receipts.
• If you change your own oil, you must save all your receipts from a merchant or retailer showing your required adherence to oil and filter purchase as outlined in the owner’s manual, as well as your receipts for having your engine and emission control system serviced.
• Keep these receipts in a safe place.
• If you have a claim, you must be able to show SUNGEAR LIMITED that you installed MotorUp Engine Treatment, and satisfy all other requirements, before you will be eligible for reimbursement under this MotorUp Limited Warranty.
- What else Is Important (including Eligibility and Exclusions):
- SUNGEAR LIMITED will consider your claim for payment if you show proof that you complied with all of the terms and conditions of this MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty, unless SUNGEAR LIMITED can show in good faith that one or more excluded conditions set forth below caused your claimed damage(s).
2. This MotorUp Limited Warranty only covers passenger cars, vans, SUVs and pickup trucks with a gross vehicular weight of 10,000 pounds (4,535 KG) or less that you own or lease (“Eligible Vehicle”). If the Eligible Vehicle is leased, it may be covered, but only if you are an individual, or a professional association or a professional corporation, and are primarily obligated for repairs and maintenance.
3. This MotorUp Limited Warranty is transferable. You can transfer this MotorUp Limited Warranty, but only if the person you transfer it to has copies of your receipts or can prove your compliance with the terms of the MotorUp Limited Warranty. You must start the transfer process via the MotorUp Limited Warranty website. There is a fee that must be paid to transfer unless you have received prior written consent as a car dealer or reseller in order to provide the MotorUp Limited Warranty to the purchaser of the registered car.
For more details contact about transferring your MotorUp Limited Warranty, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This MotorUp Limited Warranty does not cover vehicles modified for, or used in competitive events, or which are subject to similar abnormal driving conditions.
5. This MotorUp Limited Warranty does not cover claims that result from (1) pre-existing conditions (which may be verified through an oil Spectro-chemical analysis, at SUNGEAR LIMITED’s discretion), (2) collision, negligent or intentional abuse, (3) improper service or maintenance, (4) defect in manufacture or Listed Engine Parts, or caused by parts that are not Listed Engine Parts, (5) improper installation of any part, or (6) failure to maintain motor oil or engine coolant at levels prescribed by the manufacturer which is considered negligence.
6. If your repair claim is covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s limited warranty or any other extended service contract, you cannot collect again from SUNGEAR LIMITED. However, if your extended service contract contains a deductible amount, SUNGEAR LIMITED will pay your deductible amount if the extended service contract covers a claim also covered by this MotorUp Limited Warranty.
7. Payment of claims is limited to one (1) claim for the reimbursement of “Qualified Repair Expenses” that you actually pay to repair covered damages. “Qualified Repair Expenses” are defined as (1) actual parts and labor expenses necessarily incurred to repair damaged “Listed Engine Parts”, only, which shall be no more than the time to make repairs or to replace the “Listed Engine Parts”, allocated by “industry accepted flat rate guide times” (multiplied by) the commercial repair shop’s posted hourly rate in the country where this warranty becomes activated, plus (+), if necessary, the reasonable cost of a replacement engine part of like kind and quality; and (2) incurred within the warranty coverage duration as stated above.
- In the case that an engine replacement is required due to the extent of the damage, Sungear reserves the express right and has the option at its sole discretion to replace the engine or if it deems, replace the car with a similar car of similar value (at the time of the filing of the claim) which is made by the same maker. However, if a similar car cannot be found by Sungear within three (3) months of the acceptance of the claim, Sungear can repurchase the vehicle from Customer at a price equal to the purchase price excluding taxes, import costs and other associated costs. If Customer refuses to accept this option within 10 business days from the date of Sunhgear's written offer, all claims by Customer shall be null and void and the case shall be closed. Customer understands its rights and limitations.
- You will void this MotorUp Limited Warranty if your application or other information submitted contains untrue information, or if your vehicle is not an Eligible Vehicle. If you file a false claim as may be determined by Sungear upon inspection of your claims, your MotorUp Limited Warranty may be terminated at the sole discretion of Sungear.
- All claims submitted must meet the deductible above prior to submission. Customer is required to pay for the deductible amount per each claim. Any amount above the deductible shall be paid by Sungear only when such approval has been granted for any legitimate claim notwithstanding the terms and conditions herein.
- What to Do If You Have A Claim:
- You must start a claim online via the MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty website BEFORE you have any repairs made. If you have any questions, you may contact warranty headquarters via email at email@example.com. Upon receiving authorization from the claims administrator, you will be required to get three (3) estimates of repairs from any repair shop you choose. If the claim is approved, Sungear reserves the right to have your car repaired at a repair shop of Sungear’s choice.
- Before repairs are approved for your vehicle, you must provide the claims administrator with all of the following:
- A copy of your MotorUp Limited Warranty and all receipts showing oil with dates (receipts must be printed, not hand written, and must clearly show MotorUp Engine Treatment was installed as per the terms and conditions of the MotorUp Limited Warranty program);
b. Copies of all other service and repair orders that will verify compliance with the terms of this MotorUp Limited Warranty;
c. A copy of your lease or purchase agreement if the vehicle is leased or owned;
d. A copy of the current vehicle registration card;
e. Three (3) complete statement of damage and repair costs from three (3) independent and unaffiliated repair shops;
f. A sample of the motor oil and the damaged parts at the time of the claim, if requested by SUNGEAR LIMITED.
- SUNGEAR LIMITED may, at its discretion and at its own expense, conduct such further investigation as may be required to determine the cause of the claimed problem and your eligibility for reimbursement of the repair claims.
4. If you have complied with the terms and conditions of this MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty, SUNGEAR LIMITED will approve the claim and make payment directly to the repair shop or to You, as Sungear may determine and as provided in this MotorUp Lubrication Limited Warranty, after the repairs are completed.